200-Hour Teacher Training
Applicants to this training must have a consistent and serious yoga practice. The curriculum is designed for committed yoga students looking to enrich their understanding of hatha yoga, yogic philosophy & lifestyle, and anatomy & physiology while gaining the skills to teach a safe and intelligent yoga class. If accepted, students should be prepared to steep themselves in yoga for the duration of the training, both within the scheduled hours and outside of the classroom.
This training begins with the intention of being an intimate, dedicated and resourceful program. In addition to the many hours you will spend with Ame, this training also offers an opportunity to study with many of Boston and beyond’s finest teachers in a small setting. There will be ample practice time and abundant practice teaching. Expect to learn a lot. This program will give you the tools to sequence, cue, adjust and execute a well-informed yoga class while also deepening your understanding of personal practice.
To graduate, students must showcase their completion and understanding of the material covered in the training. This is done by completing all hours and outside assignments as well as passing a final exam. Graduation is not guaranteed. This training is registered with Yoga Alliance and exceeds the YA requirements for a 200-hour yoga teacher training.
This program is directed by Ame Wren and supported by the exceptional Boston Yoga School faculty.
TOPICS OF STUDY
- Yoga Asana & Architecture: Crafting a Sustainable Practice
- Anatomy & Physiology of Movement 101
- Living the 8 Limbs: Yoga Philosophy & Ethics
- History of Yoga: Text & Tradition Study
- The Art of Pranayama: Breath as an Investment
- Yin & Restorative Yoga
- Mindfulness & Meditation
- Subtle Body & Energetic Anatomy
- Self-Practice: Tools to Maintain Homeostasis
- Yoga Sequencing: How to be Safe/Smart & Build a Template
- Anatomy for Yoga Teachers: Learning to See & Cultivate Embodiment
- Training Your Voice & Aligning Your Words
- Sanskrit 101
- Practice Teaching & Feedback
- Effective Adjustments & Energetic Assisting
- The Business of Yoga
- Student-Teacher Dynamics & Holding Space
- Avoiding Burn-Out & the Ongoing Practice of Svadyhaya (Self Study)
- A steady and consistent yoga practice
- Willingness to cultivate a meditation practice for the duration of training
- Attendance of all training dates (exceptions/arrangements may be made for previously scheduled travel, illness, and emergencies)
- Completion of all written assignments and ability to demonstrate knowledge produced by reading assignments by the end of training
Graduation from this program is not guaranteed and may be dependent upon fulfilling the above requirements and passing a final exam.
Cancellations made more than 3 weeks prior to the start of the training may receive a full refund less the non-refundable less deposit. Cancellations made within 3 weeks or during the training will not receive a refund. This policy is firm.To discuss this policy in relation to emergency and unforeseen situations please speak with your program Director(s) privately.